Can I execute a linuxbios image from linux?

Svante Signell svante.signell at telia.com
Wed Mar 31 14:05:00 CEST 2004

OK, maybe my question is OT, but not completely OT. Maybe I can try to
move the L440BX stuff from V1 to V2, and when it compiles get help from
the list after that?

Is there a way to try out a new BIOS without risking to end up with an
unbootable main-board, ethernet, serial port, some special card
connected to the south-bridge (PIIX4) e.g. a special PCI/ISA card, etc?
Other solutions including soldering, EEPROM programming devices, etc?

What is the function of th IO chip?
Thanks,
Svante