Diskless Windows??

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Mon May 3 15:55:00 CEST 2004

I don't feel that my work is that relevant here.

Yes it allows you to boot windows but there's a bit of way to go from
there to having netbooted windows. In theory you could add appropriate
software to have boot block send over network, it starts and then what?

In other words windows would have some suport for getting rest of itself
over network, just like Linux does.... which I do not believe windows can.

or you could try to use VMware from linux.

Having said this all I think someone else did some work in that area,
transparent forwarding of disk I/O or some such..either way it would be
proprietary binary only stuff..

Dunno if it helps.