Disable USB2 in AMD8111 and remove ide hardcode io addr

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Wed May 5 01:36:00 CEST 2004

* YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [040505 07:26]:
> Ron,
>
> I'm going to add several lines in amd8111_enable of amd8111.c to disable
> USB2 in amd8111.

  [..]

> Also will remove several lines in amd8111_ide.c
>
>         /* The AMD768 has a bug where the BM DMA address must be
>          * 256 byte aligned while it is only 16 bytes long.
>          * Hard code this to a valid address below 0x1000
>          * where automatic port address assignment starts.
>          * FIXME: I assume the 8111 does the same thing. We should
>          * clarify. stepan at suse.de
>          */
>         pci_write_config32(dev, 0x20, 0xf01);
>
>         pci_write_config32(dev, 0x48, 0x205e5e5e);
>         word = 0x06a;
>         pci_write_config16(dev, 0x4c, word);

Fine. This should definitely go away, it's a dinosaur. ;)

> and add
>
>         byte = 0x20 ; // Latency: 64-->32
>         pci_write_config8(dev, 0xd, byte);

Am I just the only guy picky about this? I do prefer C style comments a
lot over C++ style when it comes down to permanent commenent. // is
typed so quickly that it qualifies for debugging comments that are
probably going away later on. But this is only cosmetics and does not
really matter.

   Stefan