Hardware compatibility lists

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon May 10 13:16:01 CEST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Jacob Alifrangis (LISTS) wrote:

> I would like to help cleanup the 'supported systems' list on the website and
> update it.

that's actually not the problem. The problem is automating unit testing.
The supported systems is driven by a script already. People don't always
update the STATUS entires. I'm going to yank that page as it has not
worked out.

> I would like to make it database driven, and turn it into a more dynamic
> page, as hardware support is added or broken it could be updated.

You have to recall: 'added' or 'broken' requires a test. How do we do
these tests? That's the hard problem.

> Something else we want to add, Hardware support for some desktop
> motherboards.

yee ha!

> I am willing to contribute hardware and the documentation from these
> manufacturers.

we'll take it :-)

I think this is a GREAT idea. Thanks for your offer of support.

> I'm willing to foot the bill for some expenses for this project.

we need to work out how to do this type of thing, but for now: what kind
of hardware makes a good desktop? I'd really like to see some K8 desktops
with linuxbios.

Thanks for your offer of support!

ron