Hibernation?

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Fri May 14 09:58:00 CEST 2004

well I guess it depends on philosophy. if the idea is to have minimalistic
bios then ability to suspend doesn't belong there.

on the other hand some configurations of "bios" (where "bios" would be the
thing in the thing in FLASH), often include linux kernel and that alone
could be re-used to enable suspend. Although the proper way to do this is
probably to use "management mode" of the recent CPUs.