option tables

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Nov 2 14:46:01 CET 2004

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> what's the right method of disabling build with an option table?
> Setting HAVE_OPTION_TABLE to 0 fails in src/include/pc80/mc146818rtc.h
>
> It's possible to change both HAVE_OPTIONS_TABLE and USE_OPTION_TABLE,
> but the logic is a bit weird.

Not certain.  It would be necessary to disable both of them.
What happens is by default I compile my fallback images with HAVE_OPTION_TABLE.
so the export it.  The code just does not look at the options, because USE_OPTION_TABLE
is disabled.

For my normal images I set both HAVE_OPTION_TABLE and USE_OPTION_TABLE.

Eric