ROMCC update

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Nov 8 16:13:01 CET 2004

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Eric,
>
> You update the ROMCC today, what's new feature of it?

Minor CPP bug fixes.  When you first start using something problems
you never thought to test for show up.

The primary bug fix is that large constant values are actually
unsigned long instead of signed long.  That was causing problems
with the sanity checks in earlymtrr.c

Other bug fixes include not complaining about comments after
an #include directive, and recognizing undefined macros
and replacing them with 0.

It turned out that I most of the bug fixes were actually code
cleanups so I managed to remove 350 lines and make the code
a little more understandable while I was at it.

There is actually something really annoying about the C
preprocessor.  Things like sizeof(unsigned long) are valid
constant expressions that do not work simply because no
identifiers and keywords may be recognized  at the time the C
preprocessor is run.

My checkin comments may have more details.

I hope to find time soon to investigate the problems that show up when
not inlining.  But I don't have a clue what my schedule is going to
look like.

Eric