romcc quesiton

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Nov 10 10:32:01 CET 2004

ebiederman at lnxi.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:

> Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:
>
> > * Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [041109 23:19]:
> > >
> > > A complex case would be fine.  With abuild.sh I'm not seeing any compile
> > > failures.
> >
> > Something's wrong with the line numbers. I get
> > incoherent_ht.c:191.8: warning:  "FIXME handle multiple chains!"
> > which is 10 lines later..
> > Does it ignore the lines with include statements?
>
> It looks like it is multiline macros that are confusing things.
> As the same construct in raminit.c gets the line numbers correct.
>
> Now to see if I can track down why this is.

Ok.  This is clearly an issue with \ at the end of lines to
splice them together.  So to a certain the reporting is correct.
But I agree in practice that is wrong.

Fixing this is a little tricky. Either splice_lines needs to
insert a #line directive or I need to cleanup macro parsing a little
more.

Since the only thing incorrect is the line number I would like to
reproduce and fix the mysterious #if 0 does not work bug, before I
touch that bit of code.

Eric