romcc quesiton

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Nov 10 13:04:01 CET 2004

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > Placing the unconverted assembly in strings, or simply commenting it out
> > will avoid the issue for now.
>
> Or removing it.

True.

> > Next time can you an least give the me error message?
> > Having the string "unknown token" would at least have put me much closer
> > to knowing where to look.
>
> There wasn't an error message at all. What happened is everything in #if 0
> went through and romcc doesn't much like trying to compile assembly code

I see the error now.  That is how I know it exists.

I just did a build of the old digitalligic code.  From the end of the make:
./romcc ......
raminit.c:133.8: warning:  RAM_MRS -- using BROKEN hard-wired CAS 2.0. FIX ME SOON
raminit.c:792.17:
unknown token
make[1]: *** [auto.inc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eric/projects/linuxbios/checkin/abuild/linuxbios-builds/digitallogic_adl855pc/normal'
make: *** [normal/linuxbios.rom] Error 1

It does say "unknown token" in there.  But just a cut and paste of the failure
would have been nice.

Eric