coherent_ht.c,1.29,1.30

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Nov 15 10:59:00 CET 2004

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:

> * Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [041115 17:42]:
> > However there are 2 significant checks we can perform.
> > - Did the original version compile?
> > - Does this work on the tyan/s2850
>
> does the s2850 use an athlon64? Iirc the problem was that the athlon64
> has less ht links..
>
> > So unless YhLu has problems on the s2850 or we can dig something up in
> > the mailing list archives I am fairly certain that this change is ok.
>
> The best way to test this is testing on a solo system.. If somebody has
> one... Which I dont. Otherwise I suggest we mark the solo build broken
> until someone can verify this..

On that same note we are getting close to the point where making a stable 2.0
and freezing the API (or at least making no changes that are not backwards compatible)
is getting close.  We still have irqs and the ppc to sort out before then.

With that in mind we probably want to introduce a category of TESTED motherboards.

The solo is certainly is not worth dropping out of regression tests because it still
cleanly.   But since no one has tested it in a long time marking not marking it TESTED
is likely a good thing.

Anyway something to think about.

Eric