Freebios2 on EPIA-M / MII - a large patch

Nick Barker nick.barker9 at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 5 08:41:01 CEST 2004

I've been working on freebios2 for the EPIA-MII for the last couple of
months as a way of getting to know freebios2.

I've got to the stage where I have a lot of things working, and would like
to contribute them back to the project. These include:

- ACPI power management and interrupt routing (could be applicable to other
platforms as well)
- Boot off onboard Compact Flash on the MII
- Legacy VGA BIOS working
- Mtrr's set up correctly for VGA and framebuffer
- AGP and GART working
- set up vt1211 as new device for enabling COM,LPT,FDC and H/W monitoring
- 1/2 speed serial baud rate fix.

The memory initialisation code is the static code borrowed from V1, and
setup for 256Mb only at the moment.

I have a source code patch made up which is approximately 200K big
uncompressed (64K bzipped), and I think some may object if I post something
of that size on the mailing list. Who should I direct this to so that it can
get reviewed/incorporated?

Nick Barker