IRQ-Tables once again

Liu Tao liutao at safe-mail.net
Tue Oct 12 06:08:00 CEST 2004

*ron minnich wrote:

*> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> >/ Reading the Linux kernel sources it seems that Linux _does_ expect the
/> >/ devices to have interrupts assigned already, which obviously LinuxBIOS
/> >/ does not do. This has to be "fixed" if LinuxBIOS shall be open to
/> >/ anybody not patching special kernels that do the right thing.
/>
> no. In 2.4, in the right circumstances, the kernel can assign interrupts
> just fine.

Does linux2.4 assign interrupts accroding to the pirq table?
Does linux assign interrupts even if BIOS already assigned the interrupts?

> >/ If we provide tables at all, can we maybe drop the irq table and only
/> >/ use the mptable?
/>
> no, sadly the kernel needs an irq table for pci bus scanning.
>
> ron

Does linuxbios now provide dynamic way to write pirq table?

Regards,
Liu Tao