linux kernel patch

Gin ginlin at nexcom.com.tw
Thu Oct 14 02:15:01 CEST 2004

Hello Ron,
I don't' know if you are still working on this project since it's 2004
now. I just finished a presentation of Linuxbios at work. We are highly
interested in getting linuxbios running on our systems(we design
motherboards). I have a question about the way you do the kernel patch.
If the patch is to initialize the uninitialized hardware in order to run
linux. Then why didn't we add it into the C code. Let it become part of
linuxbios rom image? Furthermore, why do you have different patches for
different linux kernel versions?
Sorry if the questions are too basic. We just started trying to get it
built.

Thanks,
Gin