FYI: Merge in progress...

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Oct 20 22:02:01 CEST 2004

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:

> * YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [041020 20:20]:
> > I want to do some change to coherent_ht.c, otherwise s2885 can not be
> > compiled under Loglevel = 8
> >
> > <       print_debug_hex8(result.cpus);
> > <       print_debug(" nodes initialized.\r\n");
> > ---
> > >       print_spew_hex8(result.cpus);
> > >       print_spew(" nodes initialized.\r\n");
>
> Printing the number of CPUs found by cht init is not really "spewing".

I would agree.

> Time to look at CAR again? ;-) (don't hit me) - Last state was that it
> worked fine on UP systems but did not on SMP. Did anybody analyze this
> with a HDT?

Either that or to improve romcc.  Right now everything works well
enough that things are just tight but not quite deadly.
So I am proceeding forward on other cleanup issues.

Once the code base generally works again.  We need to look at
the handling of irqs.  About then is when I am likely to be open
to ideas.

I managed to shave off 500bytes just by no longer including console.inc

Eric