about i845gv ddr sdram init

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Oct 22 11:11:01 CEST 2004

zhu shi song <zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com> writes:

> After working hard about two weeks, I can't init sdram
> successfully.  I'll attach the raminit.inc please help
> me check what's wrong.  I've contacted with intel,
> they wouldn't like to provide me red book.

Hmm. It should not require anything more than a yellow book.
Basically Intel does not like to publicly document all of their
registers and occasionally that is the problem.

The thing not to expect is for any vendor to hold your hand.

Where I usually start is with a hard coded configuration for
a particular DIMM configuration.  And I will verify that the
DIMMs are known good so I don't have to worry about the hardware.

Where are you at in this process and what problems are you seeing?

Eric