FYI: Merge in progress...

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Oct 22 11:51:00 CEST 2004

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>
> > It looks like it would be profitable for me to look through
> > the old cpu directories and see what code changes I have
> > missed.
> >

> and, ah, <cough>, commit more often.
>
> "Be more committed" :-)

Ron that joke is getting real old.  Especially when I am working hard to
get all of the pieces sorted out.

The joke actually grates when it comes to this piece of code
especially as you asked me to hold of on committing  these changes and
then before we could resolve anything LANL had 2 months of downtime.

I was intending to be very careful about breaking things at that
point.  But at this were delayed so much I figured it was much
healthier to go ahead push in the code reorganization and break
everything, and then pick up the pieces.

If time were not a finite resource I could do more...
Hmm....  Ron do you know if any of the research at LANL is working
on something that could help with this problem?

Eric