Makefile changes for symbols

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Oct 25 10:39:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Steve Kimball wrote:

> I don't know how to force physical or virtual addressing.
> The arium seems to change automaically when the mode changes.

yes, that automagic thing is wonderful ... when it works.

You can force it, and I forget how. I think you just close the seg:offset
window and then pop up a disassembly but specify physical addressing.

> If I display memory at 0000:0000 20b8 it seems to always match the
> values at hardwaremain?  Why does the American Arium think the segment
> register for hardwaremain changes?

All I know is that displaying memory with seg:offset was always a problem
for me, so I tried to keep it at physical addressing.

ron