Can some EPIA-M person fix this ?

Dmitry Borisov jbors at mail.ru
Wed Oct 27 15:57:00 CEST 2004

From: Richard Smith
To: Dmitry Borisov
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:10:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Can some EPIA-M person fix this?

> Well the problem is that its bad publicity.  Of course any publicity is
> acutally good for LB but it would be nice to have those numbers be
> really small and the article talking about how LB was the best solution
> and as a bonus its open source rather than just an OK solution thats
> open source.

Well, The problem is in companies that don't want their solution to get better.
VIA does not give any details about CLE chipset at all. This way you cannot expect LB work faster/better than legacy software.
So when even such innovative company as carbot claims that they are unable to use VIA solutions along the way, it may force somebody to think.
Ask Ron about some other vendors who's more responsible than VIA and how fast LB works there...
I'm also thinking to switch to some other motherboard with better docs support.
Dmitry/