Starting with linuxbios

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Oct 28 15:05:01 CEST 2004

On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:54 PM, Adilson Oliveira wrote:

> Hello guys.
>
> I'm thinking about create (another one) Car-PC and I want to use
> linuxbios to improve the boot time.
> Is there any place you can recomend I can read about the basics of
> this project?
> I mean how it works, etc? Just to give me an outline before I start to
> dig into it?
> BTW, I want to use miniITX boards as the Via EPIA.

The website is sorely out of date, and the source tree has just gone
through a *major* overhaul. In that vein, the source for the epia
version isn't functional (as I understand it right now). But will in a
few weeks when it gets cleaned up. The website will be revamped when
some of the volunteers (like myself) get to it. We've been really busy
as well. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable in the arena here about the
actual functioning of LinuxBIOS, but there are plenty here who are. I
would suggest going through the mailing list archive as start. There
was a great FAQ type submission a few months ago that helped me
understand what was going on.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions