VIA GPL Violation ?

Ken Fuchs kfuchs at winternet.com
Thu Oct 28 16:10:00 CEST 2004

>On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Arc Riley wrote:

>> Actually, no, all you have to do is acquire the software in binary
>> form.

>yeah, that's what I was attempting to say.

Actually, just asking for the software (binary or source) is enough.
They don't need to give it to _you_, if another third party has
already acquired the binary or source (containing GPL code).

Until the first public or _private_ release (binary or source) to a
third party, modifications to GPL code can be kept private, but once
any release of the code (binary or source) occurs, the full conditions
of the GPL must be met.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>