status information

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Oct 29 12:27:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Richard Smith wrote:

> I've got a concern/question about moving the payload location.  Are we talking
> about the location in RAM?

not at all! We're only talking about how the linuxbios code is set up in
flash. This has nothing to do with RAM locations.

The issue is this: right now, linubios compressed payload AND romcc object
fit in the top 64k. There is no need to do this. They're not fitting
anyway at this point.

romcc object startup can turn on full flash access, so the linuxbios
compressed payload can be placed, not in the top 64k, but in the
next-to-top 64k. The linuxbios image will then have 128k available to it,
not just 64k. Then we can put all the debug prints we want into romcc
code, which would be nice.

> My ADLO+BOCHS+vbios payload is 130kib.  So moving the payload to 0x0e0000 in
> the ROM is going to cause me issues.

How big is your flash?

ron