use ramdisk as root file system

Dave Aubin daubin at actuality-systems.com
Fri Sep 3 08:21:02 CEST 2004

Pass the following in to your kernel parameter list

console=tty0, console=ttyS0,115200

Then connect a serial line to your serial port and to another machine
and
Look at the serial output with hyperterm or something.  I didn't want to
Do this at first, but it has made my life sooooo much easier.  If you
can't
Do this, consider also that 2.6 kernel has netconsole.  Netconsole can
Send the same serial information over the network so you can see what is
Failing.