linuxbios can work on QDIA6T MB

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 7 08:55:01 CEST 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, zhu shi song wrote:

> My linuxbios (V1) can boot my linux(linux-2.4.26)
> well.  And I can login on serial tty.  But vga can't
> work.  There is still one problem that reboot linux
> make MB halt.  When I reboot my linux, the MB halt
> while bios post code equal 0x10.

10 is a very early POST code from linuxbios, I would guess that the
hardware is in a funny state.

First, for reboot, we should be planning in the long term to use kexec.
Second, for hard reset, I had patches long ago for power off and reset. I
had stopped working on them because I assumed by now that linux would have
native support (via ACPI or similar) for real hardware reset via the
chipset. I was wrong.

perhaps I need to revive my old code for newer linux.

ron