Allocateing resouces for PCI expansion roms... (was 440bx VGA probs)

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Wed Sep 8 13:12:02 CEST 2004

ron minnich wrote:

>>ENABLE_VBIOS_SHADOW_C000
>
> yes, that name is fine. The issue is that the handling of that option (in
> V1) would be done in code in northbridge.c for almost every chipset we
> support in v1

I don't understand.  Shadowing is chipset specific and would have to be
done for all chipsets in v1 or v2.  Putting it in the chipsets
northbridge.c is way better than having to modify and keep a special
version of ADLO's loader.s thats only works for one specfic chipset.

But who said anything about doing it for all chipsets in v1?  Ther are
only a few of us that are trying to use ADLO. Let those who desire this
add the necessary code.

All this does is provide an nice easy method of getting the vbios into
C000.  Rather than the multi-step method of boot card in machine with
COTS bios, copy bios to file, add file to the ADLO build, rebuild
linuxbios, boot card under linuxbios+adlo.