freebios2 compilation error (romcc)

Jeff Stevens jsteve17 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 12:25:01 CEST 2004

I have downloaded the latest version of LinuxBIOS for
AMD64 (freebios2), and am having problems compiling
it.  It is erroring out when it runs romcc.  Here is a
screen dump of the error:

-->

./romcc -mcpu=k8 -O2 ./auto.E > auto.inc
auto.c:118.49: coherent_ht.c:291.41:
coherent_ht.c:410.23: coherent_ht.c:645.27:
auto.c:221.47:
Load address out of bounds
make[1]: *** [auto.inc] Error 1

<--

  I tried commenting out those lines, and if I just
comment out line 645 of coherent_ht.c (result =
setup_smp();) it compiles fine.  What do I need to do
to get this to compile correctly.

Thanks,
   Jeff Stevens