[LinuxBIOS] flash_rom output from a sis chipset

Jeff Carr jcarr at linuxmachines.com
Fri Aug 12 10:40:17 CEST 2005

On 08/12/2005 01:19 AM, Jeff Carr wrote:
> I tried the linux bios flash_rom utility today on a sis based board. I
> tried to read out the bios as a file. It failed. (output below)

I see now in the archive that the error: "EEPROM not found" came up on a
thread last year. The thread ended in "find out what chip it is". As far
as I know I can't see the BIOS chip on this portable. Oh well.

Then also something about using MTD. I guess I'll try that and see what
MTD reports.

> Is the BIOS chip on this machine really only 8KB in size? I find that
> really hard to believe.

I take it there aren't good programming manuals/data sheets for the
M-Systems line of chips? I found one crappy document via google. That
would be a shame; AMD and Intel seem real good about documenting their
flash ships.

Jeff