[LinuxBIOS] Booting windows 2000

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:55:35 CEST 2005

On 8/24/05, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> wrote:
> * Narahari, Narasimhaiah (IE10) <Narahari.Narasimhaiah at honeywell.com> [050824 16:14]:
> >         So I want to see the debug information on the serial (UART) port.
> >         I made serial port redirection at LinuxBIOS level.
> >         Is Serial port redirection possible after the Windows 2000 comes up.
>
> What exactly do you expect? Windows 2000 is mainly a graphical user
> interface. I don't think that it does any output via serial port.
>
> >         Can some one help me on serial port redirection at LILO level and OS
> > booting level also.

I think he means before w2k takes over.

Bochs has serial output but you have to make sure its enabled.  I'm
not at work right now or I would tell you the exact #defines in BOCHS
to make sure are enabled.
Search the linuxbios archives for "bochs" and "serial debug".  Or you
can just look at the bochs code and search for "debug". One of those
#defines enables serial ouput.

When serial output is enabled you will be able to see all the stuff
that would normally have been sent to the vga screen.

You are using LinuxBIOS V1 I assume?

--
Richard A. Smith