[LinuxBIOS] cmos checksum in linuxbios table

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Sat Dec 3 23:15:27 CET 2005

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [051203 22:22]:
> > See below patch to implement this thing in LinuxBIOS.
>
> It should already be there....
>
> I know cmos util needs to check the location.

I know, that's what I thought, and that's why I implemented parsing it
in the lxbios utility as well. But then again, go grep for
LB_TAG_OPTION_CHECKSUM in the source tree. You will find it is not
there.

I'll apply the patch.

BTW, I've added another patch at
https://openbios.org/roundup/linuxbios/issue42

after finding out that linuxbios_table.c is exactly the same on ppc and
i386 systems. We should definitely share code here.

Stefan