[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-M

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Dec 12 11:38:15 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 02:11:37PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 03:03:21PM +0300, Anton Borisov wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:33:01 +0000
> > Jonathan McDowell <noodles at earth.li> wrote:
> > > This isn't critical for me, but VGA support would be nice to have if
> > > anyone who has it working has any suggestions. Are those who have it
> > > working using EPIA M or M-II boards?
> > 	Sure ;-)
> > 	Me, for instance.
> Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. Are the reports of success
> with VGA from those using EPIA M-II boards? Has anyone succeeded with
> the EPIA-M board?

Having had further conversation with Anton offlist it appears that the
key to success is to use the 1.1.13 BIOS rather than the 1.1.16 version.
With 1.1.13 VGA works fine for me on a 1GHz EPIA-M board.

I couldn't find the 1.1.13 BIOS linked on Via's site, but it can still
be downloaded at:

http://www.via.com.tw/download/mainboards/1/0/i0100113.bin

J.

--
Web [    Mac system message: Like, dude, something went wrong.     ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by