[LinuxBIOS] tyan s2881

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Dec 13 03:05:26 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 05:25:48PM -0700, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> we use the v2 flashrom all the time on s2881 here.
>
> Also, Ward led me to believe he was getting serial output. Did I miss
> something?

Ah, sorry about the confusion, I get serial output when NOT running
linuxbios. That was just me making sure that was set up correctly. I haven't
yet managed to boot linuxbios. I'm obviously doing something stupid building
the image - my images are not even being recognized by flashrom as being
Linuxbios images.

Yhlu sent me an image to test, but I can't burn that as it is being seen as
not the correct size by flashrom.

Real size: 524288 bytes

flashrom:
  root at chimera:~/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom# ./flashrom -v -w
  ../../../s2881_linuxbios.rom
  Calibrating delay loop... ok
  No LinuxBIOS table found.
  Enabling flash write on AMD8111...OK
  Pm49FL004 found at physical address: 0xfff80000
  Flash part is Pm49FL004
  LinuxBIOS image size=262144
  MANUFACTURER: Tyan
  MAINBOARD ID: s2881
  ERROR: This firmware image does not fit to this machine
  Override with -m ifyou know exactly what you are doing.

Not sure what's going on here.

Thanks,
Ward.

--