[LinuxBIOS] tyan s2881

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:36:44 CET 2005

> > Also, it probably should not check at all if no lbtable is found. and no
> > -m is given.
>
> yeah.

Automagically doing the wrong thing is probally not good.  I would say
that the current behavior is good just not verbose enough.

If it does not find an lbtable then it should say so and exit with a
example of the right option(s) to use for -m or -f to disable checks.

Something like:

"Your flash image does not appear to correct for the mainboard I have
detected."  If you are sure this is a correct image for this mainboard
then you can override this check with:

-m <mfg:model>
or -f to disable this check completely.

And then fill in mfg and model with the autodetected values.

--
Richard A. Smith