[LinuxBIOS] about make LinuxBIOS 64bit for Opteron

Brunner, Richard richard.brunner at amd.com
Fri Dec 16 20:40:09 CET 2005

If it is quite slow, then I think there is something wrong
with the code.

You only need to write FS base or GS base MSR once per 4GB
assuming you can use 32-bit Protected non-paged mode.
I don't see why this should be slower than creating page tables
and populating them and doing the memory testing.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this one, but on offline
topic.

I personally agree with Ron, we should get AMD Opteron
squeaky clean first, before moving to 64-bit.