[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on Epia-ML

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sun Dec 18 17:48:46 CET 2005

Stefan Reinauer schrieb:
> * Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> [051218 13:11]:
>
>>VGA random fixup ...
>>INSTALL REAL-MODE IDT
>>DO THE VGA BIOS
>>found VGA: vid=1106, did=3122
>>rom base, size: fffc0000
>>BAD SIGNATURE 0x8 0x1e
>>biosint: # 0x10, eax 0x4f14 ebx 0x18003 ecx 0x1 edx 0x0
>>biosint: ebp 0x17fa8 esp 0xffa edi 0x0 esi 0xffff70b6
>>biosint: ip 0x8e22 cs 0x0 flags 0x46
>>BIOSINT: Unsupport int #0x10
>

> Why is the via epia-m using it's own vga emulator in the
> src/mainboard directory? This is BAD in terms of debugging,
> testing and finding regressions.

Hmmm, however :D

Currently, I looked in several bios.rom images on the via website.
I recognized that the latest images from Epia-ML and Epia-M have the
same VGABIOS Name and Size. Somewhere I have read that the latest Epia-M
Bios makes trouble with LinuxBios, if you extract the VGABIOS from that
file.
Also their was a link to an older Bios of the Epia-M (I think it is
epia-m, but I'm not sure). This bios file contains an different VGABIOS
(name and size) and now I will try this VGABIOS.

Good luck ;)

But one question, should I fill the video.image to 65536 with zero?