[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on Epia-ML

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:30:27 CET 2005

On 12/18/05, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> wrote:

> > biosint: # 0x10, eax 0x4f14 ebx 0x18003 ecx 0x1 edx 0x0
> > biosint: ebp 0x17fa8 esp 0xffa edi 0x0 esi 0xffff70b6
> > biosint: ip 0x8e22 cs 0x0 flags 0x46
> > BIOSINT: Unsupport int #0x10
>
> Why is the via epia-m using it's own vga emulator in the
> src/mainboard directory? This is BAD in terms of debugging,
> testing and finding regressions.

It's not using an emulator.  Thats fall back to 16-bit mode and
running the bios.

See here:

http://www.openbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2005-October/012723.html

Should we file a report with the issue tracker that the emulator does
not work with via video bios?

> The VGA bios is trying to ask the system bios for certain
> "extensions", the VESA OEM Extensions. i.e.
> http://www.ctyme.com/intr/rb-0306.htm (Matrox specific)
>
> This needs to be implemented in LinuxBIOS.

The Mach 64 ATI bios had some of these as well but it was just for
requesting what type of LCD panel (if any) was attached.

--
Richard A. Smith