[LinuxBIOS] LPT Port, little problem

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu Dec 22 10:03:25 CET 2005

Hey,

it is possible to change the LPT (Parport) Mode in LininuxBios for the
Epia-M.

I need only the standard Bios SPP Mode.
Currently, modprobe parport_pc detects following Modes
[PCSPP, Tristate, Compat, ECP] with LinuxBios

With SPP Mode from original Bios parport_pc detects
[PCSPP, Tristate, EPP] and that is what I need.

I think I must use EPP for a selfmade Printerport Interface.
I have tried to compile the Kernel without using FIFO, but it doesn't
work, also load the Module with DMA=none and several other options don't
work.

However , my LPT Interface does not work and therefor I will change the
Mode :D

regards chris