[LinuxBIOS] any chance to get X fbdev driver to work ?

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Tue Dec 27 18:09:55 CET 2005

> It seems that the content on 0x0c0000 is not the same as the vgabios
> Only the first (between Offset 0x00 and Offset 0x7f) words are the same.
> The rest differs from vgabios (Offset 0x80 - 0xFFFF). That is the reason
> why X detects a valid vga-Bios section on Offset 00 and 01 (55aa) and
> the rest fails.
>
> Now, I will have a look why this happens.
> Any hint?

I'm a little bit confused.
Could it be, that Linuxbios override the ram sections?
It seems that vgabios.c in mainboard/via/epia-m do the job.

What about the VGA_LEGACY options from freebios, I can't use these
options. I get errors by make a ./buildtarget via/epia-m because of, the
options are not in Options.lb under /config.