[LinuxBIOS] Gigabyte's DualBios and recovery from a botched Linuxbios flash?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 07:06:18 CET 2005

On 12/27/05, David Hendricks <cro_marmot at comcast.net> wrote:
> MSI does the same thing with their dual BIOS approach--I found
> out the hard way from purchasing a K8N-Neo3. My advice is to avoid
> these gimmicky 0v3rc!0ck3r BIOSes and get a BIOS Savior RD-1 or
> something if you can get your hands on a socketed mainboard.

If you can find out what the address is that the recovery image jumps
to after boot then it seems possible to add Linuxbios there without
nuking your recovery code.

You would have to modify the flash programer to not erase the sections
where your recovery stuff was and add some sort of offset ability as
well.

> Or, I think someone on this list (Bari Ari?) can modify your board to
> use socketed flash parts as well.

Is the flash a PLCC or TSOP?

--
Richard A. Smith