[LinuxBIOS] any chance to get X fbdev driver to work ?

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu Dec 29 17:01:11 CET 2005

I think, I have found the failure.

if write_protect_vgabios() is called, it searches by
dev_find_device(0x1106, 0x3123, 0) for the device dev

if dev valid, it write protected the vgabios.

But it seems the via epia-ml vga device ID is 3122. I have seen this on
the console output before write_protect_vgabios is called.

Found VGA: vid=1106, did=3122

Unfortunatly the printk_info messages "write_protect_vgabios" comes
before the bios is protected.

I will try a new Linuxbios with changes on dev_find_device()
and hope all will work fine :D

chris