Little Tiny LinuxBIOS

Joshua Wise joshua at joshuawise.com
Wed Jan 5 18:30:01 CET 2005

Hi all,

Okay, so I just got my grubby paws on an HP tablet - a tc1100, to be
exact. Here are the relevant bits from lspci:

0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82855PM Processor to AGP Controller
(rev 03)
0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
0000:02:07.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T
(rev 01)

I'd like to lop out the BIOS time of booting on here. I know that it's
possible - they have their QuickLook deal (MS Outlook synchronization in
BIOS - really boots NetBSD from a SD card) that brings the system up Way
Fast(tm).

I'm thinking that this machine is probably a decent target for
LinuxBIOSing, for a few reasons.

1) It has a bootblock to protect me from myself.
2) It already runs linux fairly well.
3) I have one.

My goal is to do this without blowing away the BIOS to the point of
cracking the case open and fixing it. (otherwise, this project'll have
to wait until it's out of warranty...) Has anyone pulled off such a feat?

joshua