Overlaping IO resource for AMD K8

Li-Ta Lo ollie at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 11 15:04:01 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 16:52, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> Ollie, you did it!

We should thank SciTech for their wonderful emulator.

> Ollie just took a big stack of video cards, some AGP and some PCI, and
> booted linuxbios one at a time and showed how each video card came up.
>
> It's fantastic.

I think the current code should support most VGA cards available in the
market. I have tried VGA cards from Nvidia, ATI, Matrox and Cirrus.

I found that the VBIOS on S3 cards don't have correct ROM header. The
company is dead anyway.

> now, Stefan, time for openbios payload.Then we have a desktop PC that
> prints an Open Boot prompt :-)

After 5 years, we are finally at the point to be able to compete with
factory BIOS on all market sectors.

Ollie