855GME

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jan 12 06:39:01 CET 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Adam Talbot wrote:

> -LinuxBios Guy's OK, well if Intel won't play nice then i will have to
> see what i can do by back tracking a stock 855GME bios... Do-able, but a
> pain.  I am going to try to get linuxbios installed on a LV-671
> motherboard... I will keep you guy's informed as to how it goes.  If you
> have any ideas, please pipe up. Thx -Adam Talbot

run the stock BIOS under the testbios program that we normally use to run
VGA bios in user mode. You can learn a lot by watching the patterns of
register writes.

You can watch I/O and correlate it to the (insufficient) data books. DON'T
disassemble the BIOS and go from there. You can get in trouble that way.

ron