problem with booting SMP linux kernel

Gin ginlin at nexcom.com.tw
Thu Jan 13 03:20:01 CET 2005

I've adjusted my MP table to use the correct IRQs. But the IDE interrupt
is still lost. There is some message from linux kernel that I didn't
understand. Is there something wrong with my timer settings?

..MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
...trying to set up timer (IRQ0) through the 8259A ...
..... (found pin 0) ... failed.
...trying to set up timer as Virtual Wire IRQ... works.

This is the last line where the kernel stops.
hda:<4>hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x24

Does anyone have an idea?

gin