Is 440BX ported to Linuxbios v2?

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jan 14 06:53:01 CET 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Richard Smith wrote:

> Perhaps the question I should have asked is what chip Mfg and types are
> supported by your flashing program.  Not just the hotswap.  All the
> flashes have different programming sequences so I don't see how they all
> could just work.

We just figure out the new ones as they come along. flash_rom and the mtd
drivers do a very good job of working it all out.

> Overclock the FSB or the CPU?

My memory does not tell me. I *think* we asked it to overclock both? Not
sure, I didn't do it, the guy doing it moved too fast for me to say "wait
a second" ... boom ... machine never worked again under fuctory bios.

ron