linuxbios on geode gx1.....

Brian G. Rhodes bgr at linespeed.net
Fri Jan 14 11:09:00 CET 2005

On a minimally related note.  In the NSC framebuffer driver I saw
mention to a Geode GX1 Pyramid chip which supposedly fixed an issue with
pitch > 1k for 16bpp.  I've haven't been able to get an answer from AMD
about what this chip was, or if national ever made it.  It was mentioned
in the driver back when the geode gx1 was still in b2 silicon revision.
This limitation kind of prevents any 16x9 resolutions other than 848x480
with a suitable color depth, though technically there's enough memory.

Is it aligned differently or something?