Overlaping IO resource for AMD K8

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:58:00 CET 2005

> > > i.e. I betcha that fuctory bioses will call an option rom on vga even if
> > > it violates the spec.

I doubt that.. I've scrubbed the 0xAA55 from several VGA cards so I
could plug them into a factory bios system and not have the VGA
enabled.  None of them ever went ahead and ran the bios.

> I can enable rom load but disable execution in LinuxBIOS. After the
> system is up, I dumped the memory content. Actually, the rom load
> refuse to download it because its header is incorrect. It is not
> the nuke problem, it is simply incorrect header.

Without a correct header I don't see how it could have ever worked in
a factory system.  I have several S3 cards and they don't seem broken
to me.

--
Richard A. Smith