what cpu models are tested?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Jan 20 08:28:00 CET 2005

Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> writes:

> cpu model_6xx will not build.
>
> microcode_MU16930c.h: No such file or directory.

A typo in the header file include name.  It should
be microcode_MU16830c.h  I just committed the fix.

The code was mostly written by converting old freebios1 code,
and reading the appropriate docs.

> I'll play with some others.

As to how these things are named I have simply been using
the hex value of %eax that comes back from cpuid.
Which is roughly cpufamily, cpumodel, stepping as reported by /proc/cpuinfo.
With various bits ignored as seems appropriate.

With respect to discriminating which code needs to runs on which cpu
this seems to be a fairly good arrangement.

> Also if you forget to provide enough arguments to romcc you get an
> 'Invalid tolken' error.  A nice enhancement would be to count
> arguments and if they don't match then give a incorrect number of
> arguments error.

Patches to romcc are welcome.  My hunch in this case is that you had an undefined
macro but without the error message I can't guess.

Eric