Another V2 question

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:55:01 CET 2005

> Ok so by design you really only want a single firmware image.

Right.. I think Ron has me fixed up.  I was unaware that there was an
overall flag that enabled/disabled the fallback system.

> It should be straight forward to remove all of the tests etc for switching
> from a fallback to a normal image.

Do I really have to remove them?  Ron seemed to suggest that if I just
turn off the fallback suff then I will end up with only a singel
fallback image.

> For those of us who have field upgradable systems it makes a bigger difference.

Yeah I would say so...  Since you guys have the power to render 1000
paperweights with a single command.

Our product is going to go into Gasoline pumps.  You would not believe
the lengths that some store operators go to so they can cheat the
consumer slightly per fillup.  So our customer requires a flash update
to be physical mod.

--
Richard A. Smith