[LinuxBIOS] NUMA support for dual core Opteron

yhlu yinghailu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:58:16 CEST 2005

Someone mentioned that NUMA support for dual core opteron need acpi
support in LinuxBIOS.

there may be some other solution for that.
1. PowerPC already support dual core and it should support NUMA, So
the Open Firmware must have some NUMA entry definition.
Can we make x86-64 kernel support OpenFirmware interface so we can use
OpenBIOS as payload of LinuxBIOS.
2. enable acpi and add the NUMA entries into it, the Linux Kernel will be happy.
3. If we are trying to use ADLO to load Windows/Solaris/FreeBSD, We
need to pass related acpi info to ADLO....

Solution 1 will be ideal one, and can make Solaris for X86-64 use
OpenFirmware interface too.....

which one is better?

YH