[LinuxBIOS] util/getpir & util/mptable [Was "A boot problem...."]

Ken Fuchs kfuchs at winternet.com
Thu Jul 28 22:53:02 CEST 2005

Ron Minnich wrote:

> ??

Sorry, I worded the above paragraph far too strongly.  I meant to say
that booting a COTS BIOS & Linux and running util/getpir and
util/mptable can be very useful in LinuxBIOS v2, but hand editing the
results may be required.  It would be nice, if util/getpir and
util/mptable could be modified so hand editing the resultant
irq_table.c and mptable.c would not be needed.  This may not be very
useful for experienced LinuxBIOS developers, but can save a lot of
porting time for people who don't have as much LinuxBIOS or other BIOS
experience.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>