[BULK] RE: [LinuxBIOS] FYI: AMD support for cache as ram.

yhlu yinghailu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 18:26:27 CEST 2005

On 09 Jun 2005 23:27:26 -0600, Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com>
> Potentially.  It might simply be that we are reprogramming
> top_mem or the iorrs to define what memory is and messing up the
> early definition.
It seems top_mem....I will double check that.

> The trivial way is to include an asm directive at the beginning.
> I had actually expected to use something like the init directive
> that is used on the PPC, and let gcc generate the .o files.  At
> that point a trivial linker script could place everything in .rom.text
> and .rom.data if needed.
That could be next step, in asm make it more easier to debug.
Current I could not get out of auto.c, I guess i will
1. change cache_lbmem in raminit.c to 512k only
2. covert copy or decode in crt0.S to c and call directly after ram is
initialized.
3. use init.o like Ollie wanted....and change to use new print_debug
to printk_debug....

> p.s.
>
> Anyone know why I did not receive a copy of this message on the
> mailing list?
Stefan must leave your out of linuxbios list in openbios...

YH